Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"Ancient" wisdom from "The Secret" (free e-books)

While exploring the website for "The Secret" (which I hadn't visited since I first saw the movie on line back when it first came out), I came upon a page of the site that described and offered two venerable texts on which a lot of the philosophy discussed in the film is based:
Both these books were written in the early 1900s and are now in the public domain. I had already read Science of Getting Rich (SOGR) and refer often to it - I really like the first part that talks about the "Right To Be Rich":
[...] Every person naturally wants to become all that they are capable of becoming. This desire to realize innate possibilities is inherent in human nature; we cannot help wanting to be all that we can be. Success in life is becoming what you want to be. You can become what you want to be only by making use of things, and you can have the free use of things only as you become rich enough to buy them. To understand the science of getting rich is therefore the most essential of all knowledge. [...]
What SOGR is telling me is that we have a responsibility to be rich, in order to fullly live our potential.

My understanding is that these books were the inspiration for Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich", one of many books on wealth psychology that were popular at the time

SOGR is also available here for free: http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net (this is where I originally obtained it)

I have not yet read the Master Key System book, and am going to also take a close look at it to see what it can offer...