Friday, February 08, 2008

Tempus fugit

I'm doing some planning for my 100 day challenge to write 100 articles in 100 days, and I now realize that when they call it a "100-day challenge", they mean 100 calendar days (7 Feb to 16 May) - not 100 weekdays. EEEK!

I guess it makes sense - as a solopreneur, my "business" is actually my "life" - a life project, integrated into who I am and what I do. I'm on duty 24/7 (or is that 27/8?) Why?

That means if I miss a day, that day is gone... I have to work twice as hard to catch up. Miss two days in a row, I have to work three times as hard...

No wonder sometimes people feel overwhelmed because their "to do" list never gets "ta done".

Moral of the story: Time does not wait until things are "convenient"

Bonus moral of the story: Money is flexible, you can always generate or find more. Time is inflexible, once you've spent a minute, you can never replace it.

And extra bonus: don't let things pile up because it gets harder and harder to catch up. Just like mortgage payments...

From the time calculator at www.timeanddate.com:

From and including: Thursday, February 7, 2008
To and including: Friday, May 16, 2008

It is 100 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 3 months, 10 days including the end date

100 days can be converted to one of these units:
  • 8,640,000 seconds
  • 144,000 minutes
  • 2400 hours
  • 14 weeks (rounded down)
And as sayeth ol' Benjamin Franklin:
" Never leave that till to-morrow which you can do to-day."
- Benjamin Franklin

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home